So you want to improve the functionality of your Union website? BMA Media group has the answers for you.
In today’s digital world, a good website is one that stands out from the competition and easily allows viewers to take a desired action and functions on any device.
LaborTools powered by BMA Media Group has partnered with many union-labor organizations to help them turn a subpar website into a website that maximizes its potential, which stands out from the rest. Some may think having a website can create more work, but at BMA Media Group, we know your to-do list doesn’t end. This is why we can create automated websites that can respond to those who have any questions.
We recommend, when your organization begins thinking about updating your website, you need to be aware of a handful important elements, which should be addressed to help your new website obtain the goals you desire.
Why should you invest in your Union website?
While, the value of quality content is what could set your website apart from others, there are other elements to consider. Here are four elements to help ensure your viewers have a smooth experience when searching or using your website:
- Your homepage - it is all about the first impression. A homepage is the first page of your website that will usually demonstrate your organizations logo, name, and basic information. Your visitors should be able to quickly and easily find valuable information on the home page, without being overwhelming. Your website not only provides an identity to your organization, but also showcases the service provided. Easy navigation functions will allow your target audience (members, contractors or the public, etc.) to move from page to page and tab to tab. A clean and straightforward navigation give users the ability to easily understand the way the site has been categorized.
- Your website will connect you with people interested in your organization and services. Calls-to-action or “CTAs” urge website viewers to take a desired action. CTAs can be used in a multitude of ways, including have your visitor sign up for a monthly newsletter, receive more information, download a free e-book or just to contact someone from your organization. CTAs should be strategically placed into your website in order to gather your visitors’ contact information, which is generally a name and email address so you can remain in contact with them if they request, or take other desired actions. Placing CTAs should be anywhere from the side of a page, contact pages or at the end of blogs.
Search Engine Optimization
- Unless someone directly types in your website address or URL, most people will find a website through an internet search engine such as Google. Properly optimized website content will help your site rank high in searches, showing the search engine your website is an authority in your particular industry. Search engine optimization, or SEO, is a key way to remain effective and critical to your marketing strategy because it helps bring traffic to your organization’s website. Websites written with SEO in mind generally perform better in internet searches, which offer an added value to the both the user and website owner.
- Long gone are the days when people would go to a website and read blocks of content. While not as important as actual words, images help show your audience an important message. Unfortunately, posting an image isn’t all you need to do.
- Properly tagging an image means that you write short description for each image on your website, using keywords that can be attributed to your organization when browsing a search engine. Websites who rely solely on stock photos, images purchased from an online database, will not do your organization justice because they are generic photos.
- Any union looking to either update their existing website or build a new website should use images of their members and the work their members perform.
There are many important elements that make up an effective website, but these key elements can make a great deal for your organization, and more importantly, your target audience.
If you are in need of a fresh and effective website, reach out to BMA Media Group today.
LaborTools powered by BMA Media Group is used to help strengthen our union client’s organizations. From working with unions from the local level to the international, with training funds and labor management partnerships, as well as other labor organizations, BMA has experience with organizations of all sizes. We are here to create and implement unique and customized marketing campaigns for our clients.
At BMA, we offer services in the following categories: union event services (from writing the history of your union to executing the logistics of an event,) video production, website design, union marketing campaigns, print and broadcast advertising, social media management, development of print materials, building trades industry education, labor public relations and crisis management, union merchandise, as well as strategic branding and marketing of union organizations.
BMA Media Group is a Union Building Trades Contractor, signatory with International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union Local 673 and International Union of Painters and Allied Trades DC 6 / Sign Display and Allied Trades Local 639. BMA Media Group is also signatory with AFTRA and an affiliate contractor of the Cleveland Chapter of NECA.